The funding support process has now closed. Successful candidates have been contacted.
Some funding has been secured for travel support for speakers and program contributors and for Permanent Participants. The registration fee from paying participants will also be used fully for travel support. CAFF is also actively seeking additional funding for travel support, including from government and industry partners.
List of groups that may seek support:
- Session chairs/speakers, key ABA/CAFF community contributors, keynote speakers
- Indigenous participants
- Students and young scientists
- Participants from Non-Governmental Organisations
Everyone seeking travel support must indicate the level of support required (e.g. hotel, hotel plus flight) supported by a cost estimate covering the expenses that the funds will be used to cover. Partial travel support may also be provided.
Travel support will cover accommodation as needed for appropriate participation, but not likely to extend beyond December 1 – 5.
Travel support will not:
- exceed the cost of flight, hotel and necessary meals (economy tickets only, domestic flights may be considered depending on costs)
- cover travel and health insurance
- include ground transport in your country to and from the airport on your departure and return
- cover costs incurred in the process of applying for and obtaining a visa (includes flights, accommodation, couriers or other such costs which have been incurred in the process of obtaining the visa)
- cover any additional travel costs (e.g. excess luggage charges, meals and accommodation before or after, personal items, etc.)
In addition to receiving travel support, the cost of Congress registration is waived.
People requesting support are to be asked to indicate:
- Anticipated level of participation in the meeting
- Previous involvement in the ABA/CAFF/Arctic Council
- Plans for sharing the knowledge and experience gained through attending the conference
The funding support process has now closed. Successful candidates will be contacted.
If you have questions please contact caff [AT] caff [DOT] is.